22 October 2007

Review: The Door to December by Dean Koontz

The Door to December by Dean Koontz book coverThe Door to December is an earlier book by Koontz, and has been on my list to read for a very long time. The book follows the story of a young girl kidnapped and subjected to psychological torture and brainwashing. The link to the occult was promising in the beginning, but ultimately came to an average conclusion. The romance between the lead cop and the victim's mother was laughable, and I was always one step ahead of the plot.

If anything, it makes you realise just how far Koontz has come over the years, and how his writing has matured. This book was most likely very gripping and quite scary in its time. I'm glad I read it, but if you're a fan of Koontz, I wouldn't recommend stepping back in time to read this one.

My rating = **

Carpe Librum!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for your comment, Carpe Librum!