17 October 2008

Review: Tower of Silence by Sarah Rayne

Tower of Silence by Sarah Rayne book coverI've been off work this week (torn ligament in my ankle) and have had lots of time for reading and just finished reading Tower of Silence by Sarah Rayne. This is the second book of hers I've read and I think I enjoyed it even more than the first. 

Rayne uses the same method of plot construction in that the story consists of multiple plots and characters that manage to come together in the end in an unexpected way.

This time the 'creepy historical building' was the Tower of Alwar and the Tower of Inchcape and they were certainly creepy. I really enjoyed this book, and can't believe I picked it up in a bookshop for only $9.95.

My rating = ****

Carpe Librum!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for your comment, Carpe Librum!