02 January 2009

Review: Watchers by Dean Koontz

Watchers by Dean Koontz book coverThis was the first electronic book (e-book) I downloaded to my new Iliad - the best gadget ever, given to me by my loving husband for Christmas!

This is an old book by Koontz, and the main character is a very smart golden retriever dog. I enjoyed this book much more than his novel published last year The Darkest Evening of the Year also featuring a unique dog.

This is Koontz at his best and this was a great thriller. I really enjoyed getting to know the main character 'Einstein' the dog, and found his ability to communicate with people both fascinating and heart warming. Of course there is always a dark side to a Koontz novel, and this book was no exception. The polar opposite of Einstein is the 'Outsider' who pursues them across the country leaving carnage in its path.

Highly recommended for any Koontz fan or anyone who is a dog lover and enjoys a good thriller.

My rating = ****

Carpe Librum!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for your comment, Carpe Librum!