21 July 2009

Review: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald book coverAfter reading this much acclaimed American classic, I was baffled. "What is so great about The Great Gatsby?" I've given this question much thought and I still don't have the answer.

I honestly believe this short book lacks the bones and elements of a classic and even on the last page I was waiting for the 'light bulb' moment. In fact, this novel reminded me of Breakfast at Tiffany's for it's simplicity and classification as an American classic that I failed to understand.

I know my opinion isn't popular in the literary world, but if you read this book and believe it worthy to be called a classic, I'd love to hear your opinions, so leave me a comment.

My rating = **

Carpe Librum!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for your comment, Carpe Librum!