12 August 2009

Review: Odd Hours by Dean Koontz

Odd Hours by Dean Koontz book coverThis is the fourth in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz and it was a very pleasant read. I'd have to say that this book was more of a thriller than a 'para-normal thriller' which sets it apart a little from the others in the series.

I found myself wanting more of the 'supernatural themes' that Koontz writes so well, but having said that, this novel certainly had suspense and was a quick and enjoyable read.

Odd Hours could be read as a stand alone, however will be enjoyed more by those who are familiar with the Odd Thomas series in my opinion. The ending opens the possibility of a fifth book in the series which I'd be very much looking forward to.

My rating = ***

Carpe Librum!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for your comment, Carpe Librum!