12 September 2009

Review: The Treason of the Ghosts by Paul Doherty

The Treason of the Ghosts by Paul Doherty book coverThis is the eleventh book in Doherty's series featuring the medieval sleuth Hugh Corbett.

Whilst I enjoyed this mystery set in the small town of Melford, it lacked the political intrigue of the court that I've enjoyed in previous novels.

It also included too much reflection on the details of the murders by Hugh Corbett that has the potential to become tedious in parts. As I draw nearer to the end of this series though, I can't imagine not reading through to the end. There are 5 more in the series to go, so look out for the next instalment! I do hope it's better than this one.

My rating = **

Carpe Librum!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for your comment, Carpe Librum!