22 July 2011

Gothic Reading Challenge


I've just signed up for the 2011 Gothic Reading Challenge being hosted over at www.gothicreadingchallenge.blogspot.com and I'm pretty excited about it.

They've provided a list of gothic books to choose from and if you've never been quite sure what makes a book gothic, they've provided a list of criteria that will leave you in no doubt. It left me inspired to pick up a spooky read and snuggle in for the weekend.

I know I'm coming in halfway through the challenge, but I've already read one according to the criteria, so I'm on my way. Anyone want to join me? 

#1 The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
#2 The Observations by Jane Harris
#3 The Small Hand by Susan Hill
#4 The Butterfly Cabinet by Bernie McGill
#5

That's my four bucks!

Would you like to comment?

Thanks for your comment, Carpe Librum!